Winter Wellness: 5th Chakra Syrup Recipe
(From Mountain Rose Newsletter via Mountain Rose Blog)
Mountain Rose Herbs has been crafting herbal teas for nearly 30 years, and 5th Chakra has become one of our most beloved blends. Especially wonderful this time of year, the sweet citrus and warming spices combined with Echinacea for immune support and soothing marshmallow root make this tea the perfect base for a seasonal syrup.
The thickness of the honey and natural mucilage from the marshmallow root and cinnamon coats, soothes, and moistens irritated mucous membranes in the respiratory tract. Such a delicious remedy! Make a batch to have on hand all season long.
5th Chakra Syrup Recipe
½ cup loose organic 5th Chakra Tea Blend
raw local honey
1 part brandy or tincture of choice to 3 parts syrup (optional)
1. Combine 1/2 cup of loose 5th Chakra tea with 1 quart cold water in a pot and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Strain the tea and measure the liquid.
4. Add an equal amount of honey.
5. Gently heat for a few minutes until well combined. Do not boil!
6. Add brandy or tincture to give a medicinal boost and extend shelf life. Label and keep refrigerated.
Purchase all of your Aromatherapy & Herbal Medicine Needs at:
Debra Mauldin, Certified Aromatherapist
Please put ‘Aromatherapy’ in the subject line.
Join me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AromatherapyInformation