Beat head tension with this DIY roll-on recipe
Staring at your computer for hours or listening to kids whine after a long day can bring on nasty symptoms like light and sound sensitivity, a tight neck, and a stiff jaw. With enough triggers, these minor irritations can send most people’s tolerance over the edge. For times like these, create a roll-on chock-full of essential oils that provide relief.
DIY head tension roll-on
Tame your throbbing head with the convenience of a roll-on featuring Young Living’s pure essential oils. Keep this tension buster in your purse, glovebox, or on your bedside table for when symptoms surface.
- Empty 10 ml roller bottle (a clean and empty Tranquil® or Deep Relief™ Roll-On container will do the trick)
- 20 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 20 drops M-Grain™ essential oil
- 10 drops Rosemary essential oil
- V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex
1. Add the essential oils to the clean and empty roller bottle.
2. Fill the remainder of the bottle with V-6.
YL tip: You can also make your head tension roll-on with a 5 or 15 ml empty essential oil bottle and a roller top. Follow our instructions for cleaning the bottle thoroughly and adjust the recipe to create the proper ratios of essential oils to carrier oil for the bottle size you are using. If you’re using a 5 ml bottle, subtract 5 oil drops from each of the ingredients above. Add 5 oil drops to each if you’re using a 15 ml bottle.
1. Tighten the lid and shake the bottle to mix the oils together.
2. Roll directly onto your temples, forehead, neck, and crown of your head at the first sign of tension. Avoid applying near your eyes.
3. Rub the oil in gently with your fingertips for a soothing massage.
What’s in our head tension roll-on?
It’s a pain in the neck—or head—to find natural ingredients that provide relief. Save the effort for other tasks and use a DIY head tension roll-on that’s packed with pure essential oils plus Young Living’s vegetable oil complex.
Peppermint essential oil
Peppermint essential oil is here to lend a helping hand for neck and head tension! With its constituents of menthol and menthyl acetate, this peppy oil leaves a cooling sensation when applied to your tense neck and head.
M-Grain essential oil blend
Chill out with M-Grain when things get tense! This blend features Basil, Marjoram, Lavender, Roman Chamomile, Peppermint, and Helichrysum essential oils that leave a bright, tingling sensation when paired with a gentle massage.
Rosemary essential oil
Invite the fresh, invigorating scent of Rosemary essential oil when you roll on the head tension balm. Constituents eucalyptol and alpha-pinene feel and smell great when you massage the balm into your temples, neck, and forehead.
V-6 Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex
As a carrier oil, V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex dilutes the essential oils so the roll-on is ready to go at a moment’s notice. Featuring several oils—including coconut, sesame seed, and grape seed—this Young Living carrier oil completes any roll-on recipe.