Now Accepting Submissions
Deadline: February 15th, 2016
Genre: Fantasy/Dark Fantasy/Paranormal
Topic/Theme: Tell a tale about the forces of light and dark clashing. You will choose the victor.
Winners: Five winners
Word Limit: 3,000
What Winners will Receive:
- Free Download of the published book
- 20-30% discount on print edition
- First Place Winner-$20 (Cash)
- Second Place Winner-$10 (Cash)
- Third-Fifth will receive $5 (amazon e-gift cards)
Formatting: (Follow this to a “T”)
- Font: Times New Roman (12pt.)
- Place Full Name, Address, Email Address and Word Count in upper left corner of main page.
- Place Full Name and Word Count on additional pages.
Rules & Regulations: (Make sure to read and follow these)
- Winnings are sent through PayPal.
- Only one entry per author.
- All submissions are final, so be sure edits are completed before submitting your work. Submissions of the same entry will not be accepted.
- Manuscripts submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Entries are accepted online only. Attach your story to the email – if it is copied and pasted into the email itself, it will be automatically disqualified.
- All entries must be original, in English, unpublished an unproduced, not accepted by any other publisher or producer at the time of submission. This includes blog posts or any other writing platform.
- Stories must fall into the specific genre categories provided for each contest cycle.
- The rights we will seek are: First Print Rights, First Electronic Rights and Reprint Rights (Mainly for Special Editions).
- BE SURE OF YOUR WORD COUNT! Entries exceeding the word count will be disqualified. Type the exact word count (counting every single word, except the title and contact information) at the top of the manuscript.
- All stories must be ready for publication (this will increase your chances of winning). If a contest cycle has no suitable winner, no winner will be announced for that contest cycle. The next contest period will then begin.
How to Submit Manuscripts: Manuscripts must be in attachment to you email. Include your name, email, and address in the email body. Place “Semi-Annual Short Story Contest Entry” in the subject section of your email. Send your manuscript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The winners will be notified (via email) by May 15th 2016. Winners will be announced on our site the day after the winners have been notified.
Visit: https://dkchronicles2013.wordpress.com/semi-annual-fantasy-writing-competition/ for more information.