Tell us what you’ve learned so far about daily blogging.
Five Things I’ve Learned About Daily Blogging
I started my blog in December, 2012 and have not missed many days without writing something each day. I love monthly memes that help keep me on track.
I have read other blogs, to help improve my own writing. Over the last 15 years, or so, I had mainly written grants and newsletters. When I decided to start a blog, it was like learning to write fiction all over again. I have learned a lot, this year, about Daily Blogging, but I will narrow it down to five things. These five things, that I have learned, were important to me.
1. I have learned that blogging daily provides a means of getting words out of my head and out of my heart. I had a lot to get out before I could really start writing. If you wish, look back to some of my earlier writings.
2. I have learned that blogging daily provides a reason to do research. I enjoy doing research and learning new things, nearly as much as I enjoy writing!
3. With daily blogging, I have to be creative. I don’t like writing the same thing over and over.
4. I have learned to take comments made on my daily blogs, as creative criticism.
5. I have learned that it is best if I get some posts done ahead of time, for those days that I have Doctor Appointments, and other things that take me away from my home. Sometimes, I need a ‘sick day’ too.