Today’s Aromatherapy Tip of the Day: September 10, 2013 is Essential Oils for Spiritual Practice
Used in our own healing and spiritual practices, essential oils can help create a serene atmosphere in a sacred space and focus the mind.
1. Concentration and Mindfulness:
Frankincense Essential Oil
Lemongrass Essential Oil
Rosewood Essential Oil
Myrrh Essential Oil
Sandalwood Essential Oil
Balancing the Chakra’s addresses issues of a Healing, Physiological, and/or Psychological Nature. Choose the Chakra that corresponds to your mental health, physical ailment, and/or spiritual challenges.
*Remember, you can add up to three essential oils to a blend.*
1. The Root Chakra relates to the bottom of the spine, the legs, and survival.
Myrrh Essential Oil, Spikenard Essential Oil, and Vetiver Essential Oil
2. The Sacral Chakra relates to creativity, the lower back, the reproductive system, and sexuality.
Jasmine Essential Oil, Rose Essential Oil, and Sandalwood Essential Oil
3. The Solar Plexus Chakra relates to identity, the digestive system, and will.
Juniper Essential Oil, Vetiver Essential Oil
4. The Heart Chakra relates to breathing, Circulation, and Compassion.
Rose Essential Oil, Ylang-Ylang Essential Oil
5. The Throat Chakra relates to communication and personal expression.
German Chamomile Essential Oil
6. The Third Eye Chakra relates to higher consciousness, the senses, and the spinal cord.
Basil Essential Oil, Helichrysum Essential Oil
7. The Crown Chakra relates to brain and hormone function and to our capacity for enlightenment.
Frankincense Essential Oil, Lavender Essential Oil, Myrrh Essential Oil, Rosewood Essential Oil, and Sandalwood Essential Oil
Chakra Meditation: https://mauldinfamily1.wordpress.com/2013/01/01/chakra-meditation/
Debra Mauldin, Certified Aromatherapist
Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have pertaining to using essential oils as aromatherapy. Please put ‘Aromatherapy’ in the subject line.
The Essential Oils Deck: Simple Blends for Health and Beauty
by Hope Gillerman and Joan Arnold