How often do you visit a library? Do you go to borrow books? Do research? Check out the multi-media center? Hang out with the friendly and knowledgeable staff? Are you there out of love or out of need?
I used to love going to the library. I visited often to borrow books and to do research. I always visited out of love and the need to fulfill my love of books. When I started working on my genealogy, I visited for research and my love of knowledge and genealogy. I suppose I could add ‘love of family’ too.
I took my daughter’s to the library too. I instilled a love of books and reading in all three of them. If they do not instill it into their children, I will.
I no longer drive, due to health problems and medications, so I don’t visit the library as often. My husband will take me when I need to go, but:
1. I have a house full of books.
2. I love Amazon, where I can purchase used books for $0.01 plus S&H.
3. I got Kindle PC through Amazon and am able to purchase books for it at a low cost, no S&H, and sometimes free.
4. I have a friend that I often trade books with.
5. I think I’ve already read all the books in my small county library.
Booking through Thursday
Where you can find the prompts and links to other bloggers response.